Affordable Teeth Straightening at Home with Clear Aligners
When it comes to straightening teeth, clear aligners are definitely the treatment of choice. Made of BPA-free clear plastic, these aligners are very discrete to use and are almost invisible to the eye. This has made them the treatment of choice for adults who want to attain the perfect smile in a less noticeable way. Aside from being comfortable and convenient, clear aligners are faster and more affordable teeth straightening solutions from home.
Depending upon the extent of correction needed, teeth straightening can take anywhere from 5 months to a year plus. Treatment time is also dependent on the brand of aligner you go with. While most brands require the standard 20 to 22 hours of usage per day, there are other brands that only require night time wearing. The OrthoFX clear aligners are among the top brands to go with, as its use of advanced technology produces significantly faster and better results. This is by virtue of the special triple-layered material used to create the aligners as well as the unique double-shelled design.
How do Clear Aligners work?
The first step in your teeth alignment journey begins with making a very accurate impression of your teeth using a mold or a 3D scan at the orthodontist’s office. Some brands facilitate your taking an impression from home itself, thereby nullifying the need to visit the orthodontist. You will then be provided with a series of snug-fitting aligner trays, with each subsequent tray being a little tighter than the previous one. You will be required to use each tray for a period of 1 to 2 weeks before proceeding to the next one. You will also need to wear each clear aligner for 20-22 hours daily.
Since your teeth straightening journey is taking place from home, the onus is on you to maintain discipline and follow all the instructions. Any laxity on your part could result in prolonging the treatment time. As with traditional braces, constant pressure is applied on the teeth to move them to the correct position. Do note that once in a while, you will be required to visit your orthodontist to monitor your progress. And just like with traditional metal braces, you will be required to wear retainers for some time to prevent the teeth from sliding back to their earlier position.
Who is eligible for Clear Aligners?
Only those people with mild to moderate crowding or misalignment dental issues are eligible for using clear braces. For severe cases of crooked or crowded teeth, traditional metal braces or dental surgery might be recommended. Your orthodontist is the best person to decide on the treatment process required.
Advantages of Teeth Straightening from Home
The benefits associated with clear aligners include the following:
- They are subtle and virtually invisible. The convenience of straightening teeth with clear aligners from home has gotten more adults choosing to straighten their smile.
- Time taken off from work to visit the orthodontist are also minimal, making them a better choice.
- Treatment can be completed in comparatively shorter periods.
- Since aligners trays can be easily removed without expert help, maintaining dental hygiene isn’t challenging either.
- There are lower chances of breakages or emergencies arising with clear aligners.
- They are more comfortable than metal braces and don’t cause any injuries to the cheek lining or tongue.
- You can eat/drink whatever you like.
- Guaranteed smile improvement.
- You get to straighten your teeth, make chewing easier and boost your self-confidence - all from the comfort of your home.